Saturday, November 30, 2013

Be thankful


It's easier said than done, to be thankful, to be content. I'll be honest, I've been having a really rough time lately being content and thankful. Things in life have really been knocking me down lately at work and in life. I see photos of people that I once knew in high school or college with their cute families and still looking as skinny as I first met them (how is this possible??) and I look at my own life and I feel bleak. I'm not married, stressed all the time, and usually broke. (lol) I miss old friends, sometimes (more than I care to mention) wish I WAS them, living their lives. This is actually something I've struggled with for a good few years now, wishing I was someone else, someone who had it more together. Someone who has a career and family about them. But man! God wants me to feel free! To remember to be content in any circumstance, no matter how difficult. The disciples in the bible had nothing, and traveled all over in the name of Jesus, sometimes being abused for it and in the end, dying for it. In the face of thankfulness and peace, how can I not be content? So thats pretty much the key then: being thankful. I can look at others and live my life in regret and bitterness, or I can embrace myself for being myself, along with all my imperfections that for some reason, God loves about me. I could really cry about how hard it is sometimes, but while life is meant to be free and joyful, it's also a battle. The thing to remember though is that the battle is already won! If I have any unhappy or negative thoughts about myself or my life, I have to ask myself, who's making me think this? Is it God or satan? Ummmm 9 out of 10 times it's satan. (The stupid little bugger!) Don't believe the lies! You ARE worth it, you are where you are supposed to be, and you are blessed. This was kind of a soul-baring post for me…hope you take something from it, in lieu of our recent past holiday of Thanksgiving…which needs to be EVERYDAY, and will be everyday for me, no matter how hard it can be.

Happy (and I really do mean HAPPY) Holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment